Saturday, July 03, 2010

Memories...

Last night we got a babysitter (Oma) and went on a date! Although the intention is to 'disconnect' from everything and spend some Jason-Annelies time, we always end up talking about our wonderful kidlets and the journey of being parents!
Last night I was recalling the 2 unforgettable times I told Jason I was pregnant:
- Kaio: we had been trying for several months and Jason was totally not expecting anything when one weekday night he went to sit down for dinner and there was a present on his seat. He asked what the occasion was and I just told him to open it. I had bought a onsie and a bib with "I (heart) daddy" several months ago and I was finally able to give it to him. Jason's reaction was perfect he looked at it, looked at me and said "Are you pregnant, really?!" Followed by a big hug!
- Josefine: I had bought a t-shirt for Kaio that said "I am the big brother". I put it on Kaio and we waited for daddy to come home. Jason saw it instantly and asked again: "really?!" This was followed by a big family hug (which included the new big brother!)

No comments: