Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Busy busy..

Waw, we have been busy! We moved (which was a nightmare since our landlord had promised several things that did not happen), I am still settling into my new job/commute and have had a couple of business trips and we had no internet access at home, etc. But everything seems to be normalizing now. Kaio continues doing really well! I had a one (SUPER LONG) week business trip in Barcelona. It was the longest I had been away from Kaio. Although I was very busy, it was very difficult for me. When I left for the trip, Kaio was a bit sick (fever) and it was not easy for Jason to have to 'run the house' and handle a sick baby by himself. But he managed very well! It was so cute when I got home. He was already asleep and I briefly woke him to put on his sleeping bag. He opened his eyes and saw me, he opened his eyes wider and smiled, a second later he fell back asleep! He seems to be a bit 'traumatized' by my long absence since he has been very attached and cries when I leave him. However, he will have to learn that mommy will go, but I will always come back! Kaio will be 1 year in 10 days!!! It is so hard to imagine that a year ago, I had just started my maternity leave, I had a huge belly (I recently was looking at some pictures) and was anxiously waiting for Kaio to decide to join us in the outside world and now Kaio is almost walking! He can easily walk several steps with holding on to one finger and seems to be more adventurous in going from one piece of furniture to another or to us. Kaio moved to the next room up at day-care. He is no longer in the baby room! he still is very independent at day-care and very easy going. (although he is constantly climbing on things and bumping into things). It is cute to see him react to the other 'classmates' and carers. Kaio loves going to restaurants. He seems to enjoy the attention strangers give him (and since he is so cute, he gets lots of it)Kaio is currently refusing his milk. We have been adding formula into his desserts (he loves yogurt) and ensuring he gets diary products. I am hoping to upload some new pics this weekend.

No comments: