Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Shots and Zoo

Kaio had a set of shots on wednesday. (Hib and Meningitis C) Initially he was loving the attention of the nurse, he did not complain when being weighed or measurend, he was okay when we exposed his little thigh for the shot and allowed me to hold him tight. But, ones the needle was in his tigh, he cried and I almost did!!! But he stopped crying after some hugs but he was affraid of the nurse after that and kept trying to hide from her under my arms...On thursday and friday he had a high fever and Jason had to pick him up on friday am from nursery. They had some good daddy and Kaio time. Kaio is still very attached to his 'mommy'. Specially being sick, he kept following me and wanting to be held by me. I really enjoyed it although I was sad to see my little boy sick!
On saturday Kaio seemed to be better, the weather was good and we decided to take Kaio to the Zoo. He was a bit grumpy but he loved the animals. From the aquarium, to the bugs (he kept trying to grab them), the gorillas, butterflies and birds. He did not seem to fear any animal.
He had a small rash on thursday which by saturday had spread to his entire body including his face. Since he had he meningitis vaccine, I was worried and called the Dr. It seems his immunity is just low due to the shots and he is teething again (lot's of drooling and chewing on things). It does not seem to bother him that much, but the rash is all over his little body.
Jason is in Germany for business for a couple of days and last night I thought it would be nice to have Kaio sleep in our big bed with me. He was adorable, next to me, sleeping, but he was tossing and turning and I could not sleep, so after 45 min I put him back in his bed.

No comments: