Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tail, toes... funny little guy

A couple of days ago, Kaio grabbed Vinny's tail and I said it is the 'rabo' (tail in Portuguese). We then went around the house looking at teddy bears and pictures of animals pointing out the 'rabo'. Our smart little guy then grabbed his lower back and asked 'abo?' and I told him he did not have a 'rabo', just like mommy and daddy and I showed him this. He learns fast, now he sees an animal with a tail and says 'abo' and right after he grabs his lower back, shakes his had and says 'no abo' if I ask him if 'daddy' has a 'abo' he says 'no' and when I ask about Vinny he says 'yes'!
The other day we caught him removing some 'sock fur' from in between his toes (see pic below) It is so adorable, and every time we take his socks off he goes to look in between his toes to check if there is 'sujeira' (=dirt)
I also have been working on the word 'grandao' (=big) and when we now see a big truck he opens his arms wide open and says 'dandao'
Kaio continues LOVING music and dancing. He actually goes to the radio and asks to turn it on!
This past weekend Kaio was playing with his toys while I started cleaning the floor. When he saw what I was doing he instantly dropped his toy and ran to the cupboard to grab cleaning wipes and he spend the next 30 min (even after I had stopped) cleaning everything around the house - the floor, his toys, Vinny. Let's hope he keeps up this good habit!
Some pictures:
- As happy as can be in the empty nappy box
- Also very happy in an empty paper bag
- Playing with friend Freya
- 'sujeira' in between the toes
- Reading books for his sleeping buddies: 'donkey' and 'squirrel'

No comments: