Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby 2

Baby number 2 is coming along well. I had a 36 weeks check up last week and, just like with Kaio, my belly is too small for being 8 months pregnant. The midwife sent me for a scan to check if the baby was 'okay'. When this happened, 2 1/2 years ago while pregnant with Kaio, I completely panicked, but this time around I already knew that everything was okay in my belly. The scan showed a healthy baby, average size and at 2.2kg baby, who was kicking away and moving a lot.
This pregnancy has been different then my previous one:
- With Kaio I was very strict with all the things I could and could not eat, this time around I even had sushi a couple of time!
- My skin is much better this time around (I had bad acne with Kaio)
- I do not have the linea negra (a dark line that runs vertically over the belly)
- I have anemia and very low blood pressure this time around
- I had much more energy and slept much better while pregnant with Kaio
- I find this baby much more active and sometimes even painful with all the movements (this was specially the case when the baby was transversal)
- I have not had the peanut M&Ms + ice cream craving I had with Kaio
- I've been able to share some great moments with Kaio in preparation for the new baby (washing the cloths together, talking about holding the new baby, have Kaio point out 'our baby' to other people, etc)
- I've learned how to balance my belly and hold Kaio without falling!
One thing that has definitely not changed is that I love being pregnant. The fact that a small little baby is growing inside of me and will bring us so much joy (and worry) is just mind blowing and amazing.
Some people ask me how will it be possible to love another child as much as I do love Kaio, and I have no doubt that it will not be a problem. Nor will my love for Kaio diminish. As my dear friends Melissa puts it - the love will not be split in half but multiplied by two! (how it all fits in our hearts is a mystery!)
1) Belly and I
2) Me balancing kaio and the belly while looking at airplanes!

No comments: