Saturday, October 24, 2009

Funny toddler

A couple of cute stories:
- The other day I took Kaio to nursery and his two girlfriends (Nina and Bella) came running to greet him. They both kissed and hugged him. Kaio was all smiles. The two girls started pushing each other out of the way to be closer to Kaio and showing off their 'toys'. It was so cute to see how they just adore Kaio.
- Kaio seems to think that when daddy is not with us, he is 'corre corre' (running). The other day I asked him - "does Vinny run?" Kaio said - "SIM", "does Kaio run?" "SIM", "does daddy run?" "SIM" and finally - "does mommy run?" "NAO!" I guess I am the lazy one in the family!
- Kaio recently has been comparing several things with a family scenario. He has a big, medium and a small ball and he points at the big ball and says 'daddy ball', the medium ball 'mommy ball' and the small ball 'baby ball'.
- The other day we were taking a bath and he was washing the baby (=my belly) and I was telling him that the baby would soon come out and be with us. He then looked at my belly and said (at my belly): 'baby out, Kaio hold'... ADORABLE! Today he also said: 'baby out, play Kaio' and went about to show his toys to my belly.
- He started playing very nicely with teddy bears and building little games with them - the other day he had his big teddy bear ('daddy bear') read a book to the little one ('baby bear') and he placed the little one on the daddy's lap and the book in front of them!
- He is very comfortable in sitting on his potty and has been telling us when he has done a 'poopy' to change his nappy, which are all good signs to start the potty training.
- He loves to help me cook dinner. He gets the wooden spoon and does 'mistura' (mix). He also knows that when there is steam it is 'hot'.
- He has been saying a lot of words and it surprised how fast he picks new words up and builds sentences. Both in Portuguese and English.
Pictures:
1) Wearing mommy's (unused) glasses.
2) Kaio reading 'The Economist' while sitting on the potty
3) Sleeping with his buddies (he 'needs' all 3 to go to bed) - donkey, squirrel and bear!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some great funny stories! He's getting so big. Hope all is well. Getting close to number 2 soon! Time flies.

Anonymous said...

I love it to read the great stories of your/my family and its fantastic that you share it with us...THANKS and CONGRATULATIONS!
I´m a VERY PROUD grandmother from Kaio + new baby, and a very proud mother and mother in law from Anneke and Jason!