Friday, May 07, 2010

5 month check


Josefine had her 5 month check this week. She is doing really well! She weighs 6.9kg (15.2lbs) and is 65cm tall. Which is right on the 50% for weight and 75% for height. The paediatrician was also very impressed with all her abilities (turning over, grabbing objects, responding to noise, babbling, smiling, etc). The Dr. also believes she will keep her blue eyes! They are just beautiful and impressive.
Her sleeping pattern is still a bit off but it's getting better, the most important is that she is feeding really well.
Since she does not take the bottle (or pacifier) we have started giving her milk in a cup. We use the top of one of her bottles and give it slowly. So far, she has accepted it well and it makes me happy she is not 100% dependent on me (and my breast!)
Kaio still 'tests' us on several occasions. Sometimes he also 'tests' Josie's limits. Although he knows that he is in trouble when she cries with his 'tests'! Which does not happen often, since she is always so smiley and happy when she sees him. But overall he is getting better in listening and understanding the consequences of misbehaving (if we give him warnings he might loose his 1/2hr TV session before he goes to bed or spend some 'out' time in his room or not go to the park, etc). He continues very interested in helping us cook, clean up and other house chores!
Several of my friends are pregnant and it is funny that they consider me 'the baby expert'. They admire me/us in how well behaved Kaio and Josie are and are constantly asking me tips in how to educate and handle them... which on one side is funny to me but on the other hand, I do have two great kids and I am very proud of them!

No comments: