Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In Chile

At the moment, Jason and I are in Chile. We have taken 10 days, without the kids, to explore a bit of the country! It has been great to spend some time just the two of us, but we constantly "catch" ourselves talking about the kids or looking at pictures.
Oma has been taking care of them and has had her hands full - I call twice a day and for two days I have not been able to talk to her, because she was either putting Josefine for her morning nap, giving her a bottle or putting Kaio to bed! Opa said it all yesterday evening - "you know how it is, you have your hands full with two little ones!". Luckily Josefine it all settled at nursery and they both go there from 1 until 6:30, giving Oma some time to breath.
I spoke on the phone with Kaio the other day and when Opa said that I could stay away as long as I wanted since the kids did not miss us (jokingly), Kaio jumped in and said "nao mamae, volta!" (no mommy, come back!) It also warms me all up inside when he says - "I love you" when he says goodbye.

No comments: