Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First days of school!


We started Josefine at the same school as Kaio. I need to admit I have been apprehensive about it as I have a slight feeling this is the 'end' of a very amazing phase in our life’s - me being a full time mommy! But, on the other hand I also feel I need to start being productive and working on my career! I am very blessed that I will be staying with the kids in the morning and they will go to school in the afternoon, while I work (with Jason)
The first day, Josefine only stayed for 30min and was not particularly trilled by the new environment. She settled once they took her to play with Kaio. Kaio was very proud of having his little sister at his school and kept saying to his colleagues and teachers – “esta e’ minha mana!” (this is my sister). She ate an afternoon snack and then I took her home. The second day I dropped her off and after 5 mins they called me saying she had a 39C fever! She had been feeling hot, but I did not think it was anything to worry.. so instead of settling in at school I took her to the Dr., who couldn't find anything wrong with her!!! (I hope she is not so smart at this age and had a psychological fever... ;-) On wednesday she stayed an hour and it went relatively well as they kept her entertained outside with buckets of water and toys. On thursday she stayed an hour and pretty much cried the entire time. Finally, on friday we attempted 2 hours and she also cried the majority of the time! It breaks my heart, but we need to go through this. There is no reason to postpone it or delay it. I had always been warned that settling kids into nursery after 8 months is more difficult, which is very true as Kaio's adaptation was much smoother (he was 7 months at the time).
Next week we will try again!

No comments: