Monday, April 11, 2011

"An angel with a broken wing"


Kaio broke his arm this week! He is a easy going boy and is not a boy you expect to brake an arm. He had a bad fall at school and broke both bones of his arm, close to his pulse. He now has a temporary cast, until next week, when the swelling goes down they'll put a full cast on for 6 weeks.
I can say it was one of the worst days of my life. Kaio was in pain, a bit disoriented and I was not able to comfort him the first hours as he was in so much pain. All I could do was hold him close and give him as much comfort I could. Once we got home, Jason went to the store and got him lots of goodies (which he loved) and we spent the afternoon watching DVDs and spoilling him tons! At night I slept in his room and he had an uneasy night as he could not find a comfortable position and it was hurting. But from the second day onwards he sometimes forgets he has a cast on.
He does not like it when I say his arm is broken (to other people) as he believes something broken is really bad. He also calls his cast a big bandaid!
Overall he has been very brave and a trooper! It is hard seeing him with a big cast on his arm, but I am happy he is feeling much better and accepting it very well overall.

No comments: