Friday, January 20, 2012

"Não sou maravilhosa..."

As posted several times, Kaio is a very sweet boy and he, randomly, can express how much he loves us! For example: often, during lunch, out of nowhere, he asks to give me a hug!
A couple of days ago I was playing with both kids and Kaio said - "A mamãe e a Josefine são MARAVILHOSAS!" (mommy and Josefine are marvelous!). I almost cried of happiness while Josefine looks at Kaio and says - "Eu não sou maravilhosa, eu sou J-O-S-E-F-I-N-E" (I am not marvelous, I am Josefine). And, although I tried to explain what marvelous means, she still gets angry every time Kaio says it. Of course, Kaio has started saying she is marvelous just to annoy her!

Another fun moment - we were driving home and Josefine was almost falling asleep, since we we were almost home and I wanted her to take a nap in her bed, I tickled her feet and asked her not to fall asleep. She looks at me and says, impatiently: "eu não tô dormindo, estou olhando as florzinhas!" (I am not sleeping, I am looking at the flowers) There were no flowers around, she was just covering up!

Jason and I have been alternating running days. We run in the morning, before the kids wake up, however sometimes they wake up while one of us still running and so Josefine asks - "where is daddy/mommy" to which we answer "mommy/daddy went for a run". When we come home she says “mommy/daddy for run?” Now, when one of us is not around, (at work or just away) Josefine says - "daddymommy for a run!!" (and yes, this is all in English!)

No comments: