Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rolling over.. eating solids.. such a big boy!

On monday morning I left Kaio on my bed for a couple of seconds so I could get his cloths. I put him on his tummy and when I turned around he was on his back, looking at me! He rolled over for the first time without me seeing it!! I put him back on his tummy and slightly turned to close the drawer... again, I looked at him and he was on his back! So for the third time , I turned him to his tummy and did not turn away... and he did it! He threw his upper body first and then his legs! So cute! Unfortunately he has not done it since. He is turning to the side (to look at his toys) when laying on his back, so soon he will be rolling around!
On tuesday we started some solids. I mixed rice meal with my breast milk and Opa gave him his first spoons. He first accepted it well but then he noticed that it was not ´mommy´s milk´and he started crying. On tuesday pm we also gave him several spoonfulls of mamão juice (papaya), which he really liked - he has daddy´s sweet tooth! His facial expressions are priceless -he frowns his forehead and licks the spoon. I make ´yummie yummie´noises and he smiles, he spits a bit out but swallows the majority!
Kaio is adating really well. Yesterday we also went to have lunch and left him with Teresa. She has worked for my parents for almost 10 years and is great with children. I have to confess that I was a bit nervous since we were going away for 2 1/2 hrs, but when we returned he was taking a nap and Teresa said he behaved really well. He always smiles when he sees her.

No comments: