Monday, June 09, 2008

Another weekend in Belgium

This past weekend we went to Belgium again. My parents were in town and it was a great opportunity to have Kaio hang out with his niece and nephew. Pipi Kaio, Lucas and Ana Julia still love playing around and sharing toys. (Kaio is more 'aware' of them and was very tolerant of all the pushing around, jumping on him...) It was also cute to see them share their sandwiches, cookies, water, etc. They took a long nice bath together on Saturday night! So adorable!
Kaio definitely recognized Oma (he opened a big smile when he saw her) and he did not cry when he saw Opa (he actually smiled slightly) He was very easy going and went smiling to anyone who wanted to hold him, including Omi (my aunt), Moeke (my grandma), Peter (my brother-in-law, dad of Lucas and Ana Julia) and Lucas and Ana Julia (who constantly wanted to hold him - they came to my parents house at 7am on Saturday and didn't leave until we left, Sunday evening)
On the Eurostar outwards, Kaio behaved really well. He slept a bit, ate his dinner and played... when we got at my parents house he fell asleep and slept really well.
Kaio did have a bit of a melt down on the Eurostar back to London. He cried, and nothing Jason and I did could stop it. After a 10min cry he stopped and was much better, although a bit cranky! I think he had a very busy weekend, a new environment (again), the heat and just being tired made him have "a moment".

No comments: