Friday, June 13, 2008

CRAWLING

Kaio is crawling... not the full blown 'crawling-everywhere-and-everything' crawling, but definitely moving forwards to reach things!!
We knew he was very close to crawling since he gets into the crawling position all the time, but most of the time he would just balance back and forth... then yesterday, when I went to pick him up at daycare they said - 'show mommy what you did today...', but he was tired and we went home. After a quick nap and some food he was ready to show me his new trick. I put him on his play mat (a nice frog play mat Oma gave him this past weekend) and put my cell phone (he loves it!) 1.5m away. He first looked at me and started complaining (in the hope I would just give it to him....) but I just encouraged him and showed him the lights of my cell phone (not being cruel, just teasing him). He got on his knees and hands (he was sitting) and did a couple of 'steps' forwards, fell on his tummy, looked up and the cell phone was still too far for him to reach, he got on his hands and knees again and crawled a couple of steps more until he reached it!!!!!
So amazing.. our little guy is crawling!!!!

No comments: