Monday, August 20, 2012

A tad jealous...

Normally the older kid is jealous with the arrival of a new baby. We have been very lucky that Kaio has never had that jealousy towards Josefine. When I was pregnant I think we handled it very well with getting him involved and explaining the new dynamics of the family. When Josefine was a baby we taught him how to love and cherish that little girl and he has been an AWESOME big brother from the get go!
However we have noticed more often that Josefine gets jealous of Kaio. When we grab him for a cuddle, she will be right there to try and sneak in the middle. When we give him a compliment, she is the first to say:  "e eu?" (and me?) Also expecting praise for the same thing. The other day I was telling Jason how great Kaio was in his tennis class and she instantly said "e eu tambem" (and me too) although she does not even do tennis class!
On friday Kaio had an ear infection and was not feeling well, I explained to Josefine we had to be extra loving and caring with Kaio because he was sick. Within a second she said: "eu tenho um dodoi no meu pé! E doi muito" (i have an injury on my foot and it hurts a lot). Then she also came up with "injuries" on her cheek, finger, etc which were really nothing!
On sunday, when I took Kaio to the emergency to get antibiotics, she was upset and wanted to go too because her injuries were also painful!
She was very loving with him and hugged and kissed him extra. Saying "I LOVE you Kaio" over and over again, however she was jealous with the extra attention we were giving him!

No comments: