Monday, March 03, 2008

Another growth spurt

We arrived well in the UK. Kaio did very well throughout our 24hr journey home. He had to sleep on the floor of the bulkhead aisle since the two only baby cots on board were given to a set of twins coming from Australia. Daddy made a comfy bed (he used 7 blankets and 6 pillows to make a 'nest' for Kaio) and he slept really well.
The first night back at home, Kaio was a bit disoriented and woke up several times throughout the night. But yesterday, the second night at home, he slept from 8:30pm until 7:30am without waking up at all!!!!! He woke up well rested and with huge smiles for mommy and daddy. He has also been sleeping more throughout the day and eating a lot. It must be another growth spurt.
Vinny arrived today and Kaio follows him all over. He smiles when Vinny comes close and smells his hands and face. It is very cute to see how Kaio is responding much more to Vinny then 3 weeks ago!
Yesterday we bought a food processor to make Kaio's meals. This morning I made his first 'puree' with it. I boiled potatoes, parsnips and carrots. After I pureed it, I added some rice cereal and Kaio ate 150ml. I also have been giving him a bot of water with a splash of apple juice, so he gets used to drinking water out the bottle/cup.
Today I went by the nursery and started making the arrangements for him to start on April 1st. It is going to be very hard for me not to be with him every day, all day. But I am confident that the nursery will be great for him!

No comments: