Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Moving, moving...

Kaio is all over the place now... and he is going so fast. He is also having to learn (sometimes the hard way) that you can fall and hurt yourself. This morning he climbed on a cardboard box and was happy to have 'conquered' it. We applauded and encouraged him, although, my first reaction was to take the box away since he might hurt himself, but I also know that he needs to learn and experience things! After we continued getting ready for work, we suddenly heard a 'boom' and Kaio crying... as I had predicted, he did hurt himself. He fell from the box and hit is head on the gate. But after holding him tight and distracting him, he stopped crying. (so, nothing too serious)
I have noticed that he crawls to things he wants to play with and he seems to know when it is not his toy, because he looks at me and seeks my approval. If it's okay for him to play with it, I smile and he smiles back and continues playing. When I look at him seriously and say -'it not a babies toy' he looks seriously back at me and seems to expect for me to take it away from him (he holds on to it very tightly or he puts it in his mouth)
The other day, Kaio had his first scrambled eggs for breakfast. He first was a bit surprised in getting something savory for breakfast (Normally he has fruit, cereal and milk) but then he ate the whole thing!
We have this new routine in the morning - Kaio wakes up, I go and get him and the three of us 'play' together in our bed. He seems to love to hug and play with us and is in a great mood. It's an amazing way to start our day!

No comments: