Saturday, December 12, 2009

Josefine Maia

Our precious little girl was born on wednesday, December 9th at 4:17pm. She weighed in at 3.290kg and 54cms. She is absolutely beautiful and we are all adjusting well!
Birth story: I started having contractions at 4:30am on Wednesday (which is around the same time my water broke when I was pregnant with Kaio). We still went to Starbucks for a coffee and I took a nice long bath waiting for the contractions to become more regular and stronger before going to the hospital. Oma stayed home with Kaio as Jason and I went to the hospital by 2:45pm. She was born 1 1/2hrs later. I had asked for an epidural, but by the time they had me hooked up my contractions were pretty constant and the epidural did not have any effect. They rushed us to the operating theater because Josie's heartbeat dropped, but when we got there I was ready to push and she came out pretty immediately (just like with Kaio, it only took a couple of pushes to get her out!). Although painful, it was great to have a 'natural' birth. They announced we had a daughter and we were overjoyed and had a name ready - Josefine Maia. She is named after my grandmother, who recently turned 90 years.
Kaio (and Oma) came a couple of hours after she was born and his reaction to her was perfect: He filled her with kisses and hugs and kept saying - 'Kaio big brother'.
We spend 24 hrs in the hospital and were able to go home on Thursday afternoon.We have been home for 2 nights and Josie is very peaceful, eats and sleeps well and we are all loving this family time together!
Just like when Kaio was born, Oma has been very helpful: making nice meals, helping with Josie and Kaio and just being there for us. She also gave the first pink outfit for our little girl!
1) Just a couple of minutes old
2) Kaio and Josie!
3) Josie and mommy
4) Josie and daddy
5) First family picture
6) Kaio so happy in being a big brother
7) Less then 24hrs after birth

No comments: