Thursday, May 17, 2007

Could have been embarrasing

Another First today!
A complete stranger, in the elevator, asked how many months along I was (after looking at my belly several times). For a split second I thougth about two scenarios, which would have been funny/embarrasing:

- Look very surpised at her and say - 'what? pregnant? I am not pregnant? are you saying I am fat?'
- Make a farting noise, look very relieved and say - 'excuse me! But what were you saying?'

Instead, of course, I opened a big smile and said ' 5 1/2 months'!

Yesterday I went to the gym and went swimming, it felt great paddling in the pool for 30 minutes. I would like to start swimming twice a week and three days a week go for walks with Vinny.(hopefully the weater gets better - it has been raining since we got back from Portugal!)
I am still on track with the recommended monthly weight gain (1kg/month), however going to Brazil will mess this all up! (my dad makes some mean chicken hearts and churrasco, my mom is a great cook and Teresa also makes some devine dishes!!!)

I told Jason yesterday that a friends baby ( she is 7 months pregnant) reacts (by kicking) to her husband's voice, which she doesn't do with other people. So last night he started chatting more with my belly! Very cute!

No comments: