Sunday, May 13, 2007

Gift Registry

The baby is definintely moving more. I still can't feel it against my hand but I feel pointy moves in certain spots of my belly!
I started working on our baby registry at a UK baby store (all done online). It's not 100% ready and I would like to go to the store to make sure we look at the items and have all the baby things we want on there. (Jason just went for a 20 mile run and I am not sure he will want to do anything else today after that!) But hopefully by next week I can forward you the link.
The fact that we are not revealing the baby's gender has caused some dissapointment within our families, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. First because it is something me and Jason are sharing and it is nice to share a secret between the two of us. Secondly, and this I have seen happen to other friends, once you tell everybody the sex, you either get all kind of pink/girl items or blue/boy (toys, cloths, pacifiers, etc). And for practical reasons, we will now hopefully get 'neutral' colors!
the most important thing is that he baby is healthy and growing well and you will have a nice surprise when he/she is born.
Yesterday we bought our first pack of daipers (or nappies, as they call it here). I got an offer from Huggies that buying a pack of their product you get a free daiper bag. Jason was very surprised with all the options of daipers, he also had no clue that you can easily go thourgh 15 daipers a day and several sets of cloths (he'll be surprised the day he sees the poop make it's way up to the neck and, of course, the smell when you switch to solids!!!! He is in for a fun ride! As he though picking up Vinny's poop was disgusting!)

No comments: