Sunday, July 01, 2007

Kicking 2

It seems our little one has increased the frequency and strength of kicking since we entered the third and last trimester.
He/she has been kicking over 10 times in a row and in multiple locations (like he/she is stretching) at the same time. At one point I briefly thought that there were two in there!!!
On friday we were watching a movie and Jason had is hand resting on my belly and suddenly our baby started kicking against his hand. We both were surprised at the precision. Jason poked back and that was followed with three consecutive kicks against his hand! Normally his/her kicks last for 2 minutes, on friday it lasted for 10 minutes. I can't get enough of feeling our little one playing in there!
It worries me a bit that he/she becomes more active at night, when I am getting ready to sleep. I hope that when he/she is born it will not be on the same schedule and keeping us awake all night and sleeping during the day!
I've been having a bit of heart burn lately. I read it is very common in the last trimester due to the sphincter between my stomach and esophagus being relaxed (due to the hormones). It is mainly after I eat fried stuff (like french fries) I guess I will have to restrain myself a bit more on those foods.

No comments: