Sunday, April 22, 2007

'Conversation' of the weekend

We wento a friend's house this weekend for a barbecue. While there I was talking to a girl about my green card situation and another girl (which I don't consider the smartest cookie) was listening. At 0ne point I said:
"The problem is that I need to travel to the US before the end of July, otherwise I will be too pregnant to go on a plane"
Not-so-smart-cookie says:
"Are you pregnant?"
I say:
"Yes"
She says:
"Really, I didn't know... you can't really tell... how many months?"
Kind of knowing where this conversation was going....I said:
"4 1/2 months"
She says:
"REALLY!!! I have friend that is 4 months and you can definitely tell she is pregnant, anyone could tell.. but you... not at all!"
well, great, as if I wasn't feeling bad already that there is not enough space for the baby in my belly......

No comments: