Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Grandpa Steve's e-mail

We got back from Marroco late last night and in my inbox I found this nice e-mail from Steve.
Dearest Annelies,
I believe it is time for my two cents worth. I have always said my greatest experience is to view the world through the eyes of my children. You have taken me to new heights with Your experiences that you have listed in this baby diary. What a wonderful, wonderful thing to do.
You and Jason are heading down a new path that will change your lives and your marriage forever. You were each on a single separate path that you traveled on your journey, and then you met each other and joined in matrimony. Now your lives are taking on new meaning, as the marriage of two becomes a family of three (Oops four, sorry Vinny). You are changing physically, emotionally, spiritually for the better.
My father always told me that he would have his revenge on me some day. That day was the day I told him he had a grandson named Jason. He later told me that there was true love in those words, for the word "revenge" had many meanings. He knew what wonders I would have with our new son and later a wonderful daughter for he and his wife had the same wonders we did (do).
I told Jason when the two of you were married that I would not bother him about when you two would have children. I told him he had to satisfy his Mother and Mother-in-law first. Now that the news is out and the event is well on the way. I can REJOICE.
With ALL my love
Grandpa Stephen

No comments: