Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Disease?!!?

It's funny how some people treat pregnancy like a disease... like you are sick! I clearly understand there are several restrictions when you are pregnant (certain cheese, raw fish, no strenous activities, etc) but it's not that I am disabled!!!!!
This week I participated in a high performing team workshop. (bottom line it helps a team become more united and as a result perform better) and it was just funny (aka annoying) how certain team members kept telling me to sit (and how to sit), relax, not to drink or eat sometings, etc. I do understand they have the best intentions, but most of the times, I do know my limits (I will sit down if my feet hurt or when I am tired!) and also have decided the 'no no' foods (if you have to believe and follow what everyone recommends you not to eat or drink I would be on water & bread -"which should be prepared without eggs and without a certain type of yeast!"
Anyways, in two days we are going to NYC for 2 days! I am excited to spend my 31st birthday there! Last year we went (with my parents) to Africa for my 30th! I was just remembering what an amazing trip that was!!! But who would have imagined that 12 months later we will be going to NYC to buy baby stuff!

No comments: