Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Finally....

Some people at work, which I see daily and sit on the same floor as I, finally noticed my bump! Now that it is summer, it is a bit harder to 'hide' the belly underneath layers of cloths! But, it's still funny that some people only notice it now, when I am 6 1/2 months along! Everyone mentions that I am tiny and haven't grown at all (to the sides, I guess) which I suppose is good! I am still on schedule with my 1 kg/month weight gain, but I have noticed that since Brazil I have been eating more, my metabolism must be speading up! I read that this is the period when the baby starts putting on their 'baby fat' (right under the skin) and getting ready to survive outside the womb. (which also requires more calories)
In 'The pregnancy bible', the book I have been reading, it says that the baby's eyelids begin to open and that the baby can react to light. He/she is now almost 1 kg (1 1/2lbs) and 34cm (13 1/2 inches). Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks along (2 more weeks before I finish the second trimester).
The other day I received an email from one of the pregnancy websites I have signed up for saying - 100 days to go!!!!!!!

No comments: