Monday, June 04, 2007

Shower I

The first shower we had was on saturday, May 26th. Liesbet, my sister, organized it with the help of my mom. (she made her yummie waffles!!!) My dad was the churrasqueiro ('griller') and made a delicious churrassco for us. (including chicken hearts and ribs!)
10 of my good friends came (mainly friends from high school and a friend from vet school). We had a blast!
I received so many nice and useful gifts, including baby toys, baby cloths, pram blankets and a nipple protector!!!!

Vanessa is also pregnant, she is due 2 weeks after I am (here is a picture of the two of us!) She has been very stressed about all the pregnancy restrictions and fears. All of my other friends commented in how relaxed I am about my pregnancy. I just think there is no reason to stress. I have done the tests and taken the necessary precautions, if (touch wood it will not) something will go wrong, there isn't anything I can do about it at this point. We will have to just wait, see and deal with it then!
Me and Vanessa are the first once of this group of friends in having a baby! The majority of them are married or in a serious relationship and we joked in how things have changed: a couple of years ago we would get together and talk about our latest parties, dates, etc and now we are exchange tips about the best lotion to avoid stretch marks!


No comments: