Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Shower 2

The second shower was organized by my mom. It was held on thursday, May 31st. We made some cute invitations. (which included the picture of the latest ultrasound).
We invited my mom's neighbors and ladies form the international woman club (which my mom is part of and who work with poor children in the brazilian slums). A total of 15 people came and all brought beautiful gifts! My mom made 4 different cakes, mini pizzas, waffles (her trademark) and all kind of other snacks. As a little memory of the shower we gave a little bag with chocolates and a little frog magnet attached! It was a great afternoon, exchange ideas and experiences with 'older' moms and grandmothers!
One of the ladies has a daughter who has a 1 year old baby, the mother speaks portuguese, the dad speaks english and at daycare they speak spanish.(they live in Spain) She said that her grandchild is coping really well with the three languages and encouraged me to do the same! (with english, portuguese and flemish) I personally think it would confuse our child and I would like to start with english and portuguese and introduce flemish later on (around 3 -4 years) But my mom, of course, would like to start earlier then that. I just don't know how useful it is to teach our child flemish and I would not want to confuse him/her to the point that they will be affraid of talking because they don't know which language to speak.

No comments: