Monday, June 25, 2007

We are back!

We had a fabulous time in New York. It was a fast trip but we truely enjoyed it! This is the 10th country our baby has been in since he/she was conceived!!! This was also my last trip abroad.
We did a lot of shopping (eventhough we could have bought an additional 10 kg based on our baggage allowance).
Since the dollar is weak, some of the baby items we wanted were the same price in the US as in the UK, but in US$ - which means 50% discount. Some of the items we bought:
- crib mobile - besides having the cute fish tangling above the baby, it also project lights on the cealing and has music and some other nice functions to keep the baby entertained.
- nursing pillow - this is to put around my waiste to help me support the baby while breastfeeding (so my arm doesn't get tired). This was a true bargain.
- First aid kit - with thermometer, nasal aspirator (no idea what this is for or how to use it), medicine dropper, etc
- Swaddle blanket - these are special blankets that are designed to 'swaddle' the baby when sleeping and breastfeeding. This is supposed to be soothing to the baby (since it feels like being in the womb) we bought two different sizes
- Sleeping bag - this is to keep the baby warm, we bought two different sizes
- toys - several
- pacifiers - I heard you can never get enough of these and that some babies can be picky, so we have several shapes and format to try out
- towels - more towels and washing mitts
Besides baby stuff, we also got several cloths for Jason (I restrained myself to one pair of pants and two pair of shoes).
For my birthday Jason took me to a very nice restaurant, very good food and we topped it with carrot cake and a vintage glass of port (Jason truely enjoys these now that we have been to the port region in Portugal and he understands the different types of Port). I enjoyed a nice glass of Argintinian Mablec (wine!) - I will post some pictures later!
I was able to enter the US without any problems with my greencard (eventhough we brought all kind of paperwork to back up any issues they may have questioned)!

No comments: