Saturday, June 16, 2007

Midwife and GP

Yesterday I went to another midwife appointment (the fourth different midwife). I had a mini GTT done. This is to check my glucose levels. I had to fast for 2 hrs (which is significant for me, since I am constantly hungry and need to eat small meals) and then drink a glucose drink 1 hour before. The results should be available next week.
The midwife was portuguese and she was very nice, she checked my blood pressure (which was normal/low) and checked the baby's heart beat (135bpm), which is also normal. I had my first shot of Anti-D, which is necessary since I am AB negative and Jason is A positive, and there is a 50% chance the baby is positive. If this baby is positive, than my body can make antibodies against the rhesus positive factor and may harm this baby, but more severly our second child.
Afterwards I went to the GP, Dr. Begg, she was very nice and straight to the point. She gave me another medicince to try to clear my skin (I have given up, but if this it the only complication of my pregnany, I will be pleased). She also gave me a health certificate for me to fly next week. Since I will be 27 weeks, airlines start requesting the 'safe to fly' certificates.

No comments: