Wednesday, November 07, 2007

6 week check up

Today was Kaio's 6 week check up! He is doing great. Here are the latest stats:
- weight - 4.92kg = 10.85lbs - which is right on the average of boys his age.
- Height - 58cm = 22.8inches - which is above the average of boys his age.
- Head circumference - 38cm = 14.96inches - which is also right on average of boys his age.
He still has that lump on his head, but the Dr. said not to worry and keep an eye on it. If it grows or changes in texture we should go back to the hospital. The lump does not seem to affect him.
I also had a check up and it went fine. (I still need to go back on friday to do some blood work and check on my iron levels.) The Dr. said I can start working out and do everything I did pre-pregnancy. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight already! Breastfeeding is indeed demanding on our bodies! The Dr. said I need to continue eating well and regularly so Kaio can continue to grow and perform as he has been! (I have no problem in continuing to eat peanut M&M's and ice cream!)
Our street is full of babies.. of all ages! Yesterday we had tea (such an english thing) with one of our neighbors whom has a 2 year old and another baby (both boys). The baby was born on the same day as Kaio. his name is Rafe. Another neighbor also joined us, she has twins (also 2 boys). It was great to get to know them and hopefully start having regular 'play dates'. It's also great to exchange 'baby stories' and hear that some feelings and behaviors are normal (like the occasional urge for a glass of wine at the end of the day, after Kaio has gone to bed, is very normal!!! Even though they have more reason since they both have two children...)

No comments: