Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The winter arrived!

The last two days we have been 'stuck' at home. The weather has been very typical for England - rain and cold! This made it a bit more difficult to put Kaio to sleep for his naps, since I was just putting him in his pram or Babybjorn and going for a walk if he was fussy to take a nap. But it is helping me to understand him better. He has a small window of time that he is tired but not fussy yet and when he is tired and upset (which makes it harder to put him to bed). If I put him in his bouncy chair (or sometimes his playpen) when he is in the first stage, he plays a bit and falls asleep without complaining, if I miss that 'window of opportunity' he becomes very irritated and more difficult to settle. He also needs a long nap after his 'lunch' and to allow him to sleep more then 30 - 45min he needs to be swaddled and in his crib. If I don't swaddle him, his arms wake him up! It's funny to see him sleep and his arms just waving around, until he hits himself in the head and wakes up crying!
Kaio and I have started to have some nice 'chats'. When he sees me, and is not too tired or hungry, he smiles and I start talking to him, he then 'talks' back. They are the cutest 'oohs' and 'aaahs' ever!!! he does this for several minutes and you can see he responds to my words (if I stop talking he also does!)
Below are some pics of his happy face (although we have not been able to capture the real smile and giggly Kaio). The first one is him smiling at Jason, afterwards he giggled, it made Jason's week!

No comments: