Thursday, March 15, 2007

3 month scan

We had our 3 month scan today. Everything was perfect.
We had an appointment in central London at 10:30. The 'ultrasonogrophar' was very nice and informative. First she said I had done a great job on filling my bladder (which is necessary to push the uterus up so the baby can be seen), however it was too full and she asked me to go to empty it!!!
It was great to see the tiny baby. This is our third ultrasound. The first one we saw a gestational sac, the second one we saw a bean shaped baby and this time we were able to see an actual baby. We saw the arms, legs, head, brain, lips, nose, fingers, spinal cord, the heart beating. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
The baby was sleeping and it needed to move to take some measurements, so I had jump up and down and after we poked my belly a little more he/she finally woke up and started moving... So adorable!!!!! All the measurements and general aspect of the baby were normal for a 12 weeks and 6 day pregnancy!
She took some measurements to define the risk of down syndrome and some other anomalies. They plot it on a spreadsheet (all computerized), taking in account my age, the fetus age, etc. For down syndrome, the older you are the higher the risk.. with all my figures pulled together our risk was the same as a 15year old, which is great!
My next and last scan is when I am 21 weeks, we scheduled it for May 10th! By then they will do some more measurements for anomalies and, hopefully, see the gender.

No comments: