Thursday, March 01, 2007

New home 2

Almost a week in our new house! Jason is in Paris on a business trip and I took the opportunity to spoil myself last evening. I had a nice dinner (couscous salad with grilled veggies and passion fruit juice followed by chamomile tea and baklava), took a nice relaxing bath (with candles, bubbles and aromatherapy) and watched a chick flick... very relaxing!
I have been trying to get a hold of the midwives that will be accompanying me through the rest of the pregnancy, but so far no luck. I recently found out that the August and September are the months with the highest birth rate in the UK. Which may explain why they are not returning my calls - they are very busy!
I have registered with our local general practitioner (it's just a 3 min walk from our house) and will be going in for a general check up next week.
This weekend our friend George will be in town (visiting us from the US). Since we are almost 12 weeks (next Friday, 9th of March) we are going to start sharing the news with our friends. Although for him it will probably be no big deal since we have so many pregnant friends and friends with babies and toddlers!
My friend Kim, from LA, just had a baby: Ava Isabella, she is a real cutie! Kim also send me a picture of Ava right after birth…. Argh… I need to get used to that. But I guess babies are not lying on a luxury blanket and sprinkled with baby talk in our belly, nor are they removed from our belly like you would remove a engagement ring from its box.

No comments: