Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We are back from Berlin!

We had a wonderful four day break in Berlin. We walked all over the city, did:
- lot's of sight seeing while walking
- went to a museum (Jason had to choose one of so many! I just don't enjoy musea as much as he does!)
- ate typical German food (eisbein and sourkraut = pork joints with cabbage, curryworst = sausage with ketchup and curry, marzipan cake, apfelstrudle with ice cream = yummie!!!, etc)
- enjoyed the great spring weather (16C/55F) and sunny every day
- Jason experimented several German beers (I sipped on a couple, but sticked to my sparkling water - which, ironically, was more expensive then beer!!!!! Got to love Germany for that!)
- Did some shopping - I bought some pregnancy cloths, not that I need them right now, but they were at a good price, and I know I will need them! We also bought the first baby cloths (just 2 little pj's, but now that I passed the critical phase, it was a nice 'celebration')
- Took an afternoon nap every day! (and slept in until 8:30ish every day!)
- SAW DAVE MATTHEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this was our 6 concert together, we met at the first one!)

I must say that the extra blood that is circulating and that tends, thanks to gravity, to go straight to my legs and feet, is not pleasant! And, unfortunately, I was out of breath easier (the museum Jason picked had so many stairs and I struggled at a few) but overall we must have walked 25 - 30 miles this whole weekend.
My belly is definitely starting to grow and I enjoy feeling it!!! At the Dave Matthews concert I stood in front of Jason and he held my belly several times.. saying "my baby is carrying my baby!"
Today we walked in a very residential neighborhood. There were several mothers with prams walking around. It made me smile, soon I will be one of them!!!
On Thursday we have our 12 week scan. I am very excited about it! I am also seeing my GP in the morning. My skin has not been reacting that well to the hormones and hopefully the GP can prescribe something that is 'pregnancy-safe'.

No comments: