Friday, March 23, 2007

Rainy and cold spring

It has been cold here in the UK, eventhough spring officially started 2 days ago! Hopefully the fall will have a warm start (as the spring is starting out cold) so when the baby arrives it will be nice and mild. But, you never know with global warming. It is sometimes scary to think how the world is progressing and how our children and grandchildren may have a totally different world then we live in. I assume it has already changed a lot from what our grandparents experienced, but it is going in the bad direction.
Another change I have noticed is the behaviour of children. Maybe it is because I take more public transport and I share the train with 15year old teenagers going to school. They are completely rude, loud, annoying and bad behaved. I wonder if that is just a trend in the UK or worldwide, the lack of respect for everyone and everything.
Re-reading this paragraph makes me think if I am slowely becoming a 'mom'! Or just getting old..... whatever it is, I will do my best to raise polite and kind children, that will respect their grandparents, environment and others people.
Tomorrow we have our first appointment with the midwife. I am excited and curious to see what the next steps are. She is supposed to give me a full agenda of who I need to see and when. We will be going to the hospital where I will likely give birth, Chelsea and Westminster hospital.
Today I am 14weeks pregnant. The baby is now 4 inches and weighs 3 oz. The heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood a day!!!

No comments: