Monday, March 26, 2007

First Midwife appointment

We went to see the midwife for the first time on saturday. Besides taking more blood for tests (they did all the necessary testing when I went to the emergency room 2 months ago) and another urinalysis, the midwife asked a whole list of questions regarding our health and our family's history. Overall, everything seemed well and we are on track. The midwife gave me a calendar of when I need to see her or the GP and what tests to be done.
We had several questions and the one she laughed more about were my doubts about having enought space in my 'belly' for the baby! I really don't care that I don't look pregnant (I hardly have a bump) I am just concerned everything is crammed in there and the baby doesn't have enough space!!! She said not to worry and that very soon the bump will 'pop out'.
I had my first dream about the baby (that I have been able to remember, the last couple of months I have been so tired I hardly remember any dreams). I dreamt it was a boy. I need to admit that in the dream I was a bit dissapointed about not being a girl, which is bizarre, because I will be happy with either a boy or a girl!
I can feel the second trimester has started. I have been feeling more energetic again. It is now 10:20pm and I am not too tired. The last couple of months at 8:30 I was falling a sleep on top of my diner!

No comments: