Monday, March 05, 2007

George in town!

We had a nice and pleasant weekend. Our friend George was in town and we told him ‘the news’. We went out for dinner on Friday with 4 other people: George, his friend Jenna, Tiffany and her boyfriend Ramon. When we got to the bar, George asked what I wanted to drink and I said I just wanted some sparkling water. He looked at me funny and said – ‘Is there something you want to tell me?’ I said that I was just really thirsty. AS the night progressed, nobody really noticed I was not drinking. When dessert came they brought also a glass of champagne for everyone and when I went to toast I said – ‘to George being in town and to having baby Hall in a couple of months’ There was a moment of silence and then everyone congratulated us. George was very surprised and said that earlier in the evening he was just joking. I guess he had expected me and Jason to be the couple that would always go out and get drunk with him…. I guess that will be changing! It was great sharing the news with some more people and we will shortly start doing that since this Friday we’ll hit the three month mark.
Yesterday, Sunday it was a typical British day (rain and cloudy all day). After George left we watched 3 movies throughout the day! It was so nice to just relax. I thought how nice it would have been if I was further along and we could have spent the day seeing the baby kick while watching movies…. We did take Vinny for a walk in the late afternoon and we found some great nice big parks close by, I can already envisioned myself walking the baby there and play on a big picnic blanket while Vinny runs around us! (Weather permitting of course!)
I found out on Friday that my good friend Vanessa is also pregnant. I am not sure her exact due date, but she is half a month behind me!!!!! So many pregnant people around me! It’s great to share our experiences!
We took some more pictures of my belly (we are doing that every week) but we still are not connected to the internet at our new home!

No comments: