Monday, August 06, 2007

34wk midwife appt

Today I had another check-up appointment with the midwife team. I had again a different midwife (I have not seen the same midwife twice). Today I got a very interesting 'girl'. She seemed to know everything better and contradicted a lot of things I have read in books and heard from other people. Well, I had fun!
She checked the baby's heartbeat, which was great, my uterus position was also on track, the baby is in the right position (head down, legs up to the right) and is 'engaged' 4/5. (5/5 would be a week before birth) so the baby is within the norm! However, my last blood work came back with slightly low iron and hemoglobin levels. She took some more blood to check it again and advised me to take two vitamin tablets in the morning. This does not impose any risk to our little one, but if I loose too much blood during labor, I may need a blood transfusion.
Next check is in two weeks when we'll discuss the birth plan. I am curious to see which midwife I'll get that day! (I hope it is not a 'all natural birth' freak, because there is no way she will talk me out of an epidural!!!!)

No comments: