Thursday, August 23, 2007

Baby is just fine!

We had our ultrasound today to check if the baby's growth was within the norms since my belly was 4cm smaller then average for 36weeks. It was a great relief that he/she was doing just fine and actually right within (and above in some measurements) the norms of his/her 'age'. The baby's abdominal circumference (which at the last scan was a bit lower than average) was now above average, the femur length was also above average (reinforcing we might have a soccer/basketball player or a ballerina). The umbilical artery was also pulsing within the norms. On a not so good note (for me) the baby's head is bigger then average (yes, this means - harder to get out! But hopefully lot's a brains and smart....) And to finish up, our little one weighs 2.781g (= 6.131lbs). Well this was very reassuring and it explains why I can feel him/her poke on my sternum and ribs all the time and I sigh all the time due to being short of breath. So instead of growing horizontally he/she is growing vertically in my belly.

No comments: