Friday, February 16, 2007

Telling the boss

9 Weeks....
Today I finally told my boss. I had asked for a meeting at 9am (without a subject) so when we were in the room, she was clearly tense. I said I was pregnant and she just smilled, gave me two kisses (very french) and said she was happy that that was the news since she tought I was resigning! The main reason I told her is because in 3 weeks I will be going to Crufts (the biggest dog show in the world, with more then 26000 dogs!) and I am supposed to be the nutritional advisor on two days, which means standing from 7 to 7 and I should not be doing that. The plan has been changed and I still will go, however I will sit in the 'lounge' (Purina has a huge stand there that will have several areas, including a 'lounge' where we serve coffee and cake to breeders) and when nutritional advice is needed, they'll call me.I also got a letter today from the midwives that will be seeing me from now on. And they booked my 12 week scan, which is exactly when I will be at Crufts. Hopefully it is okay to reschedule, otherwise I will defininetly not go to Crufts! Our baby is my priority!
Several times this week, Vinny had to be 'removed' from of our room during the night. I have not been sleeping well, eventhough I am exhausted, and I wake up to go to the toilet at least 2 times during the night. Vinny has been snoring quiet a bit, so in the middle of the night, when I can't sleep due to his snoring, I remove his bed (and him in it) to the hallway. I feel bad, but I really need my sleep! (I doubt he even notices anything... he sleeps aroung 20hrs a day - I am so jeaulous!)

No comments: