Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kicking the habit.

Yesterday was not a good tummy day! And then today I just snacked all day to avoid feeling the same and now I feel full! I haven't gained any weight so far, even though I am clearly eating more and working out less. I guess the empty calories from the alcohol I used to drink are compensating with the extra food I am eating now.... Again, not that I drank every day, but I did like my glass of wine and cocktail (caipirinha!) on the weekends.
I am also trying to opt for healthy snacks like dried apples or apricots, Bran cereal, fruit, veggies, etc. and I have no desire in white chocolate anymore (which is something I ate pretty much every day before!)
At least one positive of this 'morning sickness' is that I kicked the habit of chewing gum. I had actually made it a newyears resolution to reduce the amound of gum I was chewing and in the first couple of weeks when I was sick, I chewed gum to try to feel back and now I have developed a 'food aversion' to it!
Two more days before we move. I am excited about going to a new home, where we'll have a nice space for a nursery, but the whole moving thing is always stressful and demands so much work. I am taking friday afternoon and monday off to avoid forcing myself to do everything on saturday and sunday (I know myself... and I would try to do it all!)

No comments: